I thought it it was time to test the fit of the new dinghy “little jimmy” on deck.    I tried it a couple of ways but the best fit was upside down deflated    Lots of room to walk around and easy to tie down.  We will keep it on deck like this for any open water passages.   Once we are in protected waterways we can tow it.

 

Today we made three trips with the trucks.  Two to Andrew’s house with tools and workbenches and lights etc, to rebuild the shop and one to Mums house with general stuff for storage.

 

Yesterday was also a productive day as I found the leak in the water tank. The seal around the clean out port was blowen and every time we were on starboard tack it would dump most of its contents into the bilge .

 

The bilge pump pump was also not working well and I found a kink in the hose where I had put an anti syphon loop.   I removed that and replaced it with a check valve that I had bought 2 years ago for that purpose!

 

I also changed out the hoses and mounted the big charcoal filter in it’s permanent location.

Please follow and like us: